Pioneer DJ launches DDJ-SX2 featuring Serato Flip
Pioneer DJ is launching the DDJ-SX2, the industry’s first controller to give DJs native manipulation of the software’s latest upgrade, Serato Flip, unveiled this week. The four-channel DDJ-SX2 builds on the popularity of its predecessor, but inherits two must-have features from the top-flight DDJ-SZ: Performance Pads with multi-coloured cue point LEDs and on-jog digital cue point markers. Plus it’s Serato DJ DVS upgrade-ready and boasts improved jog wheel latency, making it the scratch DJ’s ultimate companion.
Serato Flip is a paid Expansion Pack for Serato DJ that gives DJs the power to record and replay hot cue sequences on the fly. The DDJ-SX2 is the only controller with designated buttons
– Record, Start and Slot – to put intuitive Serato Flip performances at their fingertips. DDJSX2 owners can add Serato Flip to their software package at no extra cost; the controller comes bundled with a FREE Serato Flip expansion pack voucher worth EUR 22.
The DDJ-SX2, with free Serato Flip expansion pack voucher, is available from October at an SRP of EUR 999 including VAT.
PLUS the first 10,000 units come bundled with a free voucher code for the Serato Video Expansion Pack worth around EUR 129 / GBP 119.
Find out more at http://pioneerdj.com/m4.php?cat=controller&p=ddj-sx2
Watch Serato Flip in action on the DDJ-SX2 here:
NEW FEATURES OF THE DDJ-SX2
1. EXCLUSIVE: designated buttons for intuitive control of Serato Flip
Serato Flip lets DJs record hot cue combinations and replay them on loop. So they can record themselves triggering cues with the Performance Pads and automatically loop the sequence back on demand. The six slots let DJs store up to six sequences to be played back later. Three buttons cover all the functions of Serato Flip: Record (start/stop recording), Start (start/stop loop) and Slot (store).
2. NEW: Performance Pads with multi-coloured cue point LEDs
DJs can instantly trigger Quantized Hot Cues, Roll, Slicer and Sampler, or hit Shift to save and activate Cue and Slicer Loops – while Velocity Mode lets them control the sample volume with the amount of pressure they apply. The multi-coloured backlit LEDs give a visual reference to which modes are in play and will reflect cue points that DJs have preset in Serato DJ.
3. NEW: Enhanced jog wheels with digital cue point markers and countdown The DDJ-SX2 has improved low-latency jog wheels for perfect scratch response every time. In addition to the backlit-LED On-Jog display, which shows the playback status of tracks, this model gains illuminated cue point markers and an accurate countdown for even greater scratch and reverse precision.
4. NEW: Serato DJ DVS upgrade-ready and a variety of inputs and outputs Like its predecessor, the DDJ-SX2 has four inputs, so DJs can connect it to DJ players and/or turntables and use it as a four-channel stand-alone mixer. It’s Serato DJ DVS upgrade-ready, so DJs can buy a Serato DJ DVS Expansion Pack and scratch with CDJs/analogue turntables using Serato NoiseMap Control CD/vinyl. Two master outputs (XLR and RCA) and a booth output enable connections direct to professional PA equipment. And the two MIC inputs have been improved to eliminate distortion.
• Slip Mode
• Sound Colour Filters on every channel
• Crossfader curve adjust
• Needle Search
• Master level and channel level meters
• Controls Traktor Pro2 (DJs need to download and set up the TSI mapping file)
• MIDI compatible
• Professional build quality
• High quality audio circuitry