Pioneer DJ launches its first touch-screen, USB-only player
Digitally Focused: Pioneer DJ launches its first touch-screen, USB-only player – the no-compromise alternative for digital DJs
Digital DJs can redefine their creative horizons with the XDJ-1000: the first in a new line-up of digitally focused, USB-only, rekordbox™-ready players. With Pioneer DJ’s first ever deck to feature a touch screen, a familiar club layout and a host of pro-DJ performance features, the XDJ-1000 is the perfect springboard from the bedroom to the booth.
The large, full-colour LCD touch screen puts intuitive control at DJs’ fingertips; its interactive GUI has tabs for Browse, Play and Perform, giving DJs instant access to the player’s full armoury. Many features are inherited from the top-flight CDJ-2000NXS, including 206 mm jog wheels, Slip Mode, Quantize and Beat Sync. Plus the brand new Quantized Beat Jump/Loop Move feature means DJs can spontaneously move 1, 2 or 4 beats backwards or forwards within a loop.
The XDJ-1000 revolutionises browsing; DJs can use the Qwerty touch-screen keyboard to search for keywords, then scroll on-screen or with the large rotary dial. DJs can analyse and prepare their tracks in rekordbox (PC/Mac) or the rekordbox app (iOS/Android), and the XDJ1000 will display at-a-glance information such as Wave Zoom, Beat Counter, Phase Meter and Key Analysis – as well as provide instant access to their pre-prepared cues, loop and customised settings. Plus DJs can colour code their playlists and the illuminated USB port will reflect that colour so they instantly know what’s on each USB key.
The first Pioneer DJ player without a CD drive, the XDJ-1000 meets the growing demand for a USB-only player with all the performance pedigree of the CDJ set-up. And it’s compatible with KUVO – Pioneer DJ’s community, which enables DJs to provide clubbers with live set information in real time – making it a must-have player for the next generation of DJs.
The XDJ-1000 will be available from late November 2014 at an SRP of EUR 999, including VAT, and comes with a free download of rekordbox (PC/Mac). The rekordbox app is available to download via App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
Find out more out the XDJ-1000 or Watch DJ Pedestrian’s unique performance with four XDJ1000s and a DJM-850:
MAIN FEATURES OF THE XDJ-1000
1. Large, full-colour touch screen with intuitive GUI
The 7-inch, full-colour LCD touch screen gives DJs instinctive control and enables the ultimate creativity. The GUI is divided into three sections: Browse, Play and Perform, so DJs can effortlessly see and access all the features they need, without the screen being overcrowded.
2. Faster browsing with Qwerty keyboard and keyword search
The Browse function is speedier than ever, with the ability to call up a Qwerty keyboard and search for keywords, and scroll using the touch screen or large rotary dial. Plus DJs can choose how they view tracks: list, artwork or custom view.
3. Professional features including the NEW Quantized Beat Jump/Loop Move The XDJ-1000 inherits many of its features from the club-standard CDJ-2000NXS, including Pro DJ Link, which allows DJs to share one source with up to four decks via LAN cable.
• NEW! Quantized Beat Jump: enables DJs to jump backwards or forwards 1, 2 or 4 beats from the current playback position.
• NEW! Quantized Loop Move: after DJs have created a loop, they can navigate 1, 2 or 4 beats backwards or forwards through the loop.
• Auto loops and cues: DJs can instantly trigger loops and cues they’ve prepared in rekordbox.
• Quantize: uses the track’s beat grid to ensure loops and cues are set and triggered in time with music.
• Beat Sync: looks at the rekordbox beat grids, on up to four connected players, and snaps them to the beat of the master deck.
• Slip Mode: silently continues track playback during a loop, reverse or scratch and brings the music back at the right point when the DJ exits the performance.
• Needle search: lets DJs slide their finger along the ribbon to intuitively access any point in the track, just like with vinyl.
• Active Loop: DJs can use rekordbox to set an Active Loop at the end of tracks to ensure they’re never caught unprepared again.
4. Enhanced rekordbox track information for ease of mixing and track selection DJs can analyse their tracks in rekordbox and the XDJ-1000’s large touch screen will display a host of information to aid DJing:
• Wave display with Wave Zoom: the colour-coded wave display can be zoomed x5 for even more precise loops and cues.
• Beat Countdown: DJs can use rekordbox to mark key points on a track, and the XDJ-1000 will count down to them from up to 64 bars away.
• Phase Meter: shows the position of the beat in the bar, enabling DJs to compare the phase of each player with the master deck at a glance.
• Key Analysis Indicator: a traffic light system in the browser shows which rekordbox tracks are in a compatible musical key with the master deck for harmonised mixes every time.
5. My Settings function including colour-coded USB port light
DJs can choose their personal preferences in rekordbox – including Quantize ON/OFF and Master Tempo ON/OFF – and the XDJ-1000 will automatically download them. Plus DJs can colour code their playlists in rekordbox, e.g. red for techno or blue for drum & bass, and the light around the USB port will reflect that setting for ease of identification in the booth.
6. Professional layout for familiarity at home and in the booth
The XDJ-1000 mirrors the layout of the club standard CDJs, so DJs can perfect their sets at home and move effortlessly to the booth to perform. The 206 mm jog wheels are the same size as those on the CDJ-2000NXS, for instant familiarity wherever a DJ plays.
7. DJs can load and browse music using Wi-Fi or USB connection
In addition to USB keys, DJs can load rekordbox-ready music from PCs, laptops and smartphones using a Wi-Fi or USB connection. They simply connect a device running rekordbox (PC/Mac) or the rekordbox app (iOS/Android) to the XDJ-1000 and then browse and load tracks from the device’s screen. Devices connected via USB will even be charged during performance.
8. Other features
• Fully MIDI compatible
• Serato DJ HID support planned for late 2014
• Built-in auto standby function