Pioneer DJ launches the REMIX-STATION 500 effects unit
Pioneer DJ is giving DJs and producers the most easy-to-use multi-effects unit yet: the engaging REMIX-STATION 500 (RMX-500). The lightweight effector takes some of the best features from the top-flight RMX-1000, but gains a more simplified layout, on-board customisation, and ingenious one-handed control of multiple parameters.
The RMX-500 boasts the industry’s first Pressure Controller knobs – one for the Rhythm FX and drum machine, and one for Scene FX. DJs can rotate the knobs to manipulate the wet/dry balance, and then press to modulate sub-parameters – making multi-layered FX more accessible for unlimited creativity.
Watch Origin Sound’s mind-blowing performance with two RMX-500s and the flagship CDJ-2000NXS and DJM-900NXS
KEY FEATURES OF THE REMIX-STATION 500
- Industry first: Pressure Controller knobs
- Ten auto-quantized Scene FX (Mod, Echo, Noise, Spiral Up, Reverb Up, High Pass Filter, Low Pass Filter, Zip, Spiral Down and Reverb Down), each with two variations
- Five drum samples (Kick, Snare, Clap, Hi Hat, Cymbal), each with six beat variations
- New Rhythm FX: Roll, Trans, Add, Rev Delay and Offset
- Three Release FX: Back Spin, Brake and Echo, plus Overdub
- Customise button
- Controller for virtual VST/AU/RTAS plug-ins
- 16-bit sound card
- RCA inputs
- MIDI support
- Compatible with the portable Pioneer T-U101 stand (sold separately)
- The RMX-500 is available from February 2014, at an SRP of EUR 399/GBP 339, including VAT.