SUM Festival Marseille
Ten ways Marseille SUM Festival will Electrify your Summer
1. The line-up. It’s all killer, no filler for true fans of forward-thinking electronic music. No commercial stuff. No radio favourites. No cheese. Just the finest, smartest selection of dance music you’ll find on one place this summer. The party begins with Darkside and special guest Abstraxion on Thursday night; the one-of-a-kind crazy party vibe of Circoloco on Friday with Crosstown Rebels tastemaker Damian Lazarus bringing the festival to a close on Saturday.
2. The people. Once you experience Marseille SUM Festival you’ll understand the meaning of the saying: “there are no strangers, only friends we haven’t met yet.” Its selective music policy ensures a cosmopolitan crowd who share your taste and enthusiasms. The relaxed backdrop and unique venues are the perfect setting for meeting kindred spirits.
3. The parties. Did we mention the venues? SUM is the only festival that takes you from a party beneath the stars in an ancient Greek-style amphitheatre to a waterfront rave to an intimate club night in the course of a single weekend, creating a unique, unforgettable vibe for each party. Prepare yourself for your friends Instagram envy!
4. The city. Why go anywhere else when you could come to MARSEILLE? “The Hottest French City of 2013” according to the press! Set on the stunning Mediterranean Cote d’Azur, this historic port is the second largest city in France. Party goers will luxuriate in all the comforts of a sophisticated urban centre while still enjoying an undiluted music festival experience.
5. The food. It isn’t just the music that shows exquisite taste. Instead of traditional festival fare like soggy chips and burnt hamburgers you’ll savour food prepared as only the French know how. From seafood restaurants to chic tapas joints to cosy bistros you have your pick of the finest flavours of the French Mediterranean and from around the world.
6. The frolics. The sparkling sea is spread around you and what better way to relax, rejuvenate and recharge for a night of dancing than by swimming, snorkelling, boating, or lounging on Marseille’s glorious beaches? Kick back and work on your tan, or grab some new friends for a game of volleyball followed by a cooling splash in the waves.
7. The culture. Marseille is the European Capital of Culture 2013 and boasts a dazzling array of art, museums and architecture. The brand new Museum of European and Mediterranean Cultures is a must-see, as is the Fine Arts Museum and the Museum of the Roman Docks which traces the city’s commerce back thousands of years.
8. The shopping. For once, you can go home from a festival with more than a jester hat and a tee-shirt to show for it. The Old Port and the Old Town are crammed with fascinating little shops where you can pick up everything from handmade souvenirs to chic clothing. And don’t miss La Maison du Pastis for authentic pastis and absinthe.
9. The atmosphere. Joy. Fun. Energy. Fashion. Sun. Sex. Sophistication. Beats. Beauty. Taste. There are so many words that describe Marseille SUM. It has a very special feeling that combines the buzz of Europe’s Capital of Culture with the blissful heat of summer by the sea, a soupcon of style and a soundtrack of the world’s best dance music.
10. The memories. It’s all here: the music, the parties, the people, the days, the night, the flavours and the feelings. You won’t fully understand until you experience Marseille SUM for yourself. And once you have, you’ll never be the same again.
Thursday 26 June: DARKSIDE (Nicolas Jaar & Dave Harrington) featuring special guest ABSTRAXION
at Théâtre Silvain, Marseille
Address: Chemin Du Pont De La Fausse, Monnaie 13007 Marseille
Tickets: €25, exclusively from Digitick: http://bit.ly/1jaqomp
Friday 27 June: CARL COX, TANIA VULCANO, CASSY, APOLLONIA (DAN GHENACIA, DYED SOUNDOROM, SHONKY), DAVIDE SQUILLACE, NASTIA, MARCO BAILEY, D’JULZ, MOLLY, DAVID REYNER, YOUCEF ELAID, WHO at Le Dock des Suds, Marseille
Address: 12 rue Urbain V 13002 Marseille
Tickets: €30 advance from Digitick: http://bit.ly/1l3bIT8, €35 on the door
Saturday 28 June: Closing SUM Festival – DAMIAN LAZARUS
at Secret Location, Marseille
Tickets: €20 advance from Digitick: http://bit.ly/1uUnGoX, €25 on the door
SUM website : www.sumfestival.fr
Facebook SUM : https://www.facebook.com/SUMfestival?fref=ts
Tickets: www.digitick.com Web: www.mk3.fr