VONYC Sessions 2013 Presented By Paul van Dyk
52 weeks, 52 radio shows, transmitted around the world on 60 + leading stations, in which Paul van Dyk brought over 600 tracks to the ears of VONYC Sessions ever-ready listenership in 2013. That though was the easy part! The audio artisan’s end-of-year challenge is to refine those playlists down into the most requested best of the best. From twelve richly packed months of Radio tracklists, he’s landscaped those first-among-equal tunes into ‘the-year-that-was’ mix – PvD’s definitive 2013 encapsulation.
That Jan-to-December sonic-ride naturally includes tracks from some of electronic music’s best-known practitioners. W&W, Ferry Corsten, Omnia, Cosmic Gate and many others are joined on its discs by newer-bloods, as ‘VONYC 2013’ delivers the latest/greatest studio-ware from the likes of Protoculture, Maarten de Jong, Estiva and Las Salinas. After another standout VANDIT year ‘VONYC Sessions 2013’ also kisses the speakers with a wealth of the label’s audio. Sporting 2013 floor-quakes from Judge Jules, Alex M.O.R.P.H., Giuseppe Ottaviani and Shato & Paul Rockseek, naturally there’s also much from the maestro himself.
So sit back, hit up that Play button and enjoy the 2013 ride all over again!
The first mix heads straight into the thick of it, flashing back to summer highs with PvD & Arnej’s techno-rific ‘We Are One 2013’. From there van Dyk reaches multiple points on the stylistic compass, building sonic mood and range into the mix’s map. Las Salinas’ ‘Say Another What’ brings tech eclecticism, whilst the deep-dive of ‘Immersion’ from Omnia and Alexander Popov’s autumnal ‘Moscow Subway’ splice in deliciously moody prog-trance shades.
Sweeping up the midsection comes Alex M.O.R.P.H. & Jerome Isma Ae’s propellant ‘Bang’, hotly chased by his new VANDIT slam-dunk ‘Magnum’. Through the infectious, intense frequencies of W&W/Ummet Ozcan co-production ‘The Code’ and the vocal enigma of Nick The Kid & The Nameless Girl’s ‘Bright Light’, ‘VONYC Sessions’ revisits the spring. Delivering the mix its conclusion, Paul invokes the atmospheric aura of his own ‘Lost In Berlin’ and the self-propelled drum drama of Simon Patterson’s ‘The One’.
“Compiling the annual VONYC Sessions album is one of the most demanding, yet fulfilling tasks I do in a year”, says van Dyk. “Selecting the best of the best from your most requested tracks in any 12 month period – especially one as alive with good music as 2013, is always a challenge. The perspective it brings to the end of each year though is the reward. With the release of this ‘VONYC Sessions’, collectively I feel we’ve brought a picture-perfect representation of the year. Hopefully its one you’ll return and listen to many times in the future and remember this great year that was!”
Disc 2 opens in inspired mash-up mode, fusing Ferry Corsten’s latest ‘Diss’ with the emotional sear of PvD & Plumb’s ‘I Don’t Deserve You’. ‘Open My Eyes’ makes it a van Dyk double and again opens the mix’s themes up wide. In quick succession the wistful trance of Protoculture’s ‘Talisman’, Heatbeat & Chris Schweizer’s tech–elec threat ‘Nasty’ and Estiva’s rapacious ‘Dino Drums’ all take their turn to hold sway.
‘VONYC’s mercury continues to rise with the introduction of some pure form trance courtesy of Giuseppe Ottaviani’s ‘Earthbeat’ and Matt Davey’s much-spun spin on the classic ‘Greece ‘2000’. The Christian Burns/PvD team-up ‘We Are Tonight’ and the big-room bombast of ‘Super Dad’ (the latest from Richard Durand) keep both tempo & tone spiked. Its final minutes bring the climactic audio combustion of Shato & Paul Rockseek’s early summer club-crusher ‘Deer Friends’, Maarten De Jong’s fierce ‘Face The World’ and Cosmic Gate crowd-rousing/rocking ‘So Get Up’. You can get a hold of Paul van Dyk’s audio annum from December the 13th!
VONYC Sessions 2013 Presented by Paul van Dyk Tracklist
01. Paul Van Dyk & Arnej – We Are One 2013 – Intro Mix
02. Genix & Las Salinas – Say Another What – Original Mix
03. Omnia – Immersion
04. Alexander Popov – Moscow Subway – Original Mix
05. Mark Sixma – Requiem – Original Mix
06. W&W & Ummet Ozcan – The Code – Original Mix
07. Max Graham – The Evil ID
08. Alex M.O.R.P.H. & Jerome Isma Ae – Bang – Original Mix
09. Judge Jules Feat Christina Novelli – Collide Turn It On – Solis & Jean Truby Remix
10. Las Salinas & Elad Efrati – Nothing Lasts – Original Mix
11. Las Salinas – Chipsy Kings – Original Mix
12. Nick The Kid Feat The Nameless Girl – Bright Light (Digital Self & Tek-Tonic Mix)
13. Judge Jules – Fiber
14. Alex M.O.R.P.H. Pres Corti Organ – Magnum – Original Mix
15. Tristan D & Tangle Pres Nu State – Vertigo – Original Mix
16. Judge Jules – Phenomenology – Club Mix
17. Shato & Paul Rockseek – Deer Friends – Original Mix
18. Paul Van Dyk Feat Michelle Leonard – Lost In Berlin – Giuseppe Ottaviani Remix
19. Ben Nicky & James Dymond – Refresh – Original Mix
20. Simon Patterson – The One – Original Mix
01.Ferry Corsten – Diss – Original Mix
02. Paul Van Dyk Feat Plumb – I Don`t Deserve You – Jerome Ismae Ae Remix
03. Paul Van Dyk Feat Kyau & Albert – Open My Eyes – Kyau & Albert Remix
04. Protoculture – Talisman – Original Mix
05. Andrew Bayer – England
06. Heatbeat & Chris Schweizer – Nasty – Original Mix
07. Maarten De Jong – Waveglider – Original Mix
08. Estiva – Dino Drums – Original Mix
09. DNS Project – Confront
10. Three Drives On A Vinyl – Greece 2000 – Matt Davey Remix
11. Giuseppe Ottaviani – Earthbeat – Original Mix
12. Las Salinas – Bada Bing – Daniel Garrick Mix
13. Christian Burns & Paul Van Dyk – We Are Tonight – Las Salinas Remix
14. Paul Van Dyk Feat Sue Mc Laren & Arty – Sun After Heartbreak – Woody Van Eyden Rmx
15. Woody Van Eyden & Maarten De Jong – It’s A Shark
16. Richard Durand – Super Dad – Original Mix
17. Maarten De Jong – Face The World
18. Shato & Paul Rockseek – Deer Friends – Original Mix
19. Rick Mitchell – Rockin Steady – Original Mix
19. Cosmic Gate – So Get Up – Extended Mix