ULTRA EUROPE BECOMES CROATIA’S BIGGEST EVER FESTIVAL
Fresh off the back of the highly successful Ultra Korea in June, Ultra continued its global tour last weekend (12-14thJuly) with an amazing first year in Croatia’s beautiful city of Split and Hvar Island.
Following three days of world-class electronic music and partying, set across two breath-taking Croatian settings, the inaugural edition of ULTRA EUROPE came to a close in true style on Sunday 14th July.
With over 103,000 attending the event ULTRA EUROPE is now officiallythe biggest festival to ever take place on Croatian soil!
Russell Faibisch, Ultra Music Festival / Ultra Worldwide Founder, Executive Producer, CEO & President commented:
“The biggest challenge in bringing Ultra Music Festival to Europe was to do it in a way that was completely unique and original. To enter a European market so rich in festival culture and history, with thousands of festivals happening every summer over the past 40 years, and still produce something never before done there. After visiting more than 15 countries, meeting with many promoters and visiting more than a hundred potential locations and venues, I ultimately chose Croatia. It is truly one of the most beautiful and special places in the world, in addition to being the newest and hottest European summer destination for party people and DJs. After the inaugural edition’s massive success, Ultra Europe is very proud to call Croatia home for many many years to come.”
The first two days, which were broadcast live on UMF TV and watched by a staggering 700,000 unique viewers worldwide, saw revellers from over 75 countries descend upon the gargantuan Poljud Stadium in Split, for what is now officially the biggest music festival in Croatia’s history.
In contrast, Day 3 saw the festival make the short ride across the Adriatic Sea, as an exclusive number of lucky festivalgoers took over the truly stunning Hotel Amfora Grand Beach Resort, on the cliffs of the picturesque island of Hvar. An unforgettable 9-hour pool party in a truly unbeatable and awe-inspiring setting, proved to be the perfect ending to a weekend set to go down as one of the most successful events ever to take place in Croatia!
Here are just a few of the highlights…
– Ultra Europe commences the first of its inaugural 3 day event in Poljud Stadium in Split, Croatia.
– Tens of thousands of dance-music enthusiasts from more than 75 countries across the planet fill up the 1800m2 Ultra Europe main stage to witness electrifying sets from the likes of Avicii, Fedde Le Grand, Porter Robinson, Nicky Romero, Knife Party, Sander van Doorn, Arty and many more.
– Ultra favourite Carl Cox brings his now legendary Carl Cox & Friends Arena to Croatia, welcoming Luciano, Adam Beyer, Umek, Art Department and Guy Gerber, finishing the night with a pounding 2 hour set that sends the crowd into a late-night frenzy.
– Captivating on-stage pyrotechnics from Ultra favourite KRYOMAN across both arenas.
– Croatia’s biggest ever main stage is graced by Dutch God Afrojack then the world’s number one DJ, Armin van Buuren, for three-and-a-half hours of four to the floor madness and out of this world Ultra production. Hardwell closes a night dominated by Dutch producers with an hour and a half of melodic driving soundscapes.
– Harder hitting bass-led sets earlier in the night from UK chart-toppers Chase & Status, US super-trio Krewella and one half of Netherlands based electro outfit Bingo Players.
– Carl Cox closes the Carl Cox and Friends Arena with a marathon three-hour stint, following a previous 9 hour underground house and techno showcase from Marco Carola, Reboot, Jamie Jones, Yousef and Jon Rundell.
– Ultra Europe packs up and sets sail for the beautiful island of Hvar on Croatia’s Dalmatian coast.
– 5,000 party people enjoy a sun-drenched nine hour pool party from 3pm to midnight at the breathtaking 5* Hotel Amfora Grand Beach Resort.
– Headliner Steve Aoki provides the performance of the night, following scintillating sets from Chuckie, Dada Life, Nervo and Cazzette among others.
**ULTRA EUROPE SET TO RETURN IN 2014**
Stay tuned to the Ultra Europe & Ultra Music Festival Facebook and Twitter for official 2014 dates